Monday, August 11, 2008

24 weeks tomorrow and counting!!

Hello there,

Well I feel like time has flown but still as each days comes and goes being pregnant some days seems to drag on. Not that being pregnant is bad but Min and I both are SO excited to meet the son that the Lord has given us! I was telling Min the other day I just can't wait to kiss his little cheeks and watch his personality develop as he grows! We are more than excited to meet this little boy that has lately been kicking up a storm. :) A few nights ago I was woken up at four in the morning, starving, which was a first for me. I ate a granola bar and drank some milk in hopes that is would sooth Ayden as he moved around rapidly in my belly. He was hungry and he was letting me know by not letting me sleep. :) As I have read more and more I guess it is very common to wake up hungry at night as the baby grows. And in the 23rd week Ayden has grown four ounces in one week so he is making me more and more hungry as the days go on. :) I know this is another way that God prepares the mom to be woken up in the night, because when Ayden gets here I have to be ready to not sleep solid nights for at least the first few months. God and the way that He has designed pregnancy just amazes me time and time again!!

Min and I am planning on heading to Washington D.C. this weekend, we will leave Thursday after work and return home on our Anniversary the 18th! We are very excited for this trip, as neither of us has ever been before and it is just going to be a blessing to get away for a weekend together!! Be looking for pictures in a few weeks. :) As we both reflect on the last year, there is a part of us that feels as though time has flown by, but we also feel that we have enjoyed the days and months together! We have been blessed to watch the Lord continue to provide for us time and time again and we are thankful for His presence throughout our marriage and our entire lives!!

Min has began to work on Ayden's room; we decided to put a chair rail up and paint the room a different color than was originally there. We are still in the process of painting and Min has done a great job putting the chair rail up! God has blessed me with a very handy man and I am thankful that he desires to work hard and takes good care of me!! There will be pictures soon too of Ayden's room!!

Here are a few updated pictures of my belly as it grows, some of the pictures are taken just before bed, so excuse me for looking tired!! I feel like my belly is stretching for sure and I am going to begin putting cream on daily to hopefully avoid stretch marks, we will see how that works. :) We are feeling more and more settled in our home as we hang more pictures on the walls and have guest over more and more. We are so thankful for the home that the Lord has given us and we want you to know that we can't wait to have more of our family and friends visit from time to time! :)

You can see how from the first picture, taken at night, my belly is bigger than the last picture, a week later, taken in the mid afternoon. :)



22 weeks and five days





23 weeks 5 days





23 weeks 5 days

23 weeks 5 days



3 comments:

Mike and Nikki said...

Kimmy you look so great! It is so much fun to see your belly growing! Enjoy this experience, we are so blessed to experience the joy of carrying a child.

Christiane said...

Awe Kimmy... you are just the cutest little prego lady ever! :) I love you and miss you so much. I have been convinced for a long time that you and Min would be amazing parents, and I am so excited for Ayden to grow up with 2 people who know and love the Lord in such a way that will make his understanding and desire to follow after Jesus a natural thing - Lord Willing! :) I love you guys. Enjoy your time together in DC :) We'll talk soon when you get back. Hugs all around :)

Unknown said...

Wow..Min And Kimmy it's been a while since Minerva and I talked to you guys. We received your little post card and we were delighted to here from you guys, and to find out you have a new home and a little one on the way, awesome. We are so happy for you two, and little Freddy can't wait to meet and play with Ayden. God Bless and hope to hear more from you soon.
Love,
The Brenes Family